- Enables you to crop 16:9 from the entire 3:2 area, eliminating the narrower angle that came from the zoom-to-fit function, cutting off the side of the 17:9 viewing angle.
- This update also adds a zoom-to-fit 2.39:1 function for 3:2 imager modes.
The new 8.6K sensor improves on the original sensor, providing more flexibility in the image for post-production work while still intercutting well with the 6K sensor. The 6K sensor block (not included) can be swapped into the VENICE 2 in the field, avoiding a trip to a service facility. This can be useful for capturing higher frame rates than you can with the 8.6K sensor.
Please note that though you can use the 6K sensor from the original VENICE in a VENICE 2, you cannot put the 8.6K VENICE 2 sensor into the original VENICE camera. Swapping sensor blocks is not a permanent change, as you can swap back and forth. No software or firmware changes are required when swapping sensors, as the camera recognizes the different sensor blocks and automatically adjusts. The sensor supports oversampling from 8.6 to 4K, or you can window in the camera to output 4K.
- The VENICE 2 comes with the industry-standard PL lens mount. It is compatible with all Super35 and full-frame PL lenses, spherical and anamorphic. The removable lens mount includes contacts that support Cooke /i Technology. The camera’s lens information is recorded as metadata frame by frame.
- Removing the PL Mount exposes the camera’s E-Mount, which allows compatibility with E-Mount lenses. This E-Mount is designed with a lever lock that eliminates the need to rotate your lens when mounting, and the lever lock secures the lens in the mount, minimizing play. Rotating of the locking collar means that in most cases, lens support rigs don’t need to be removed, which saves time during production. A planned firmware update is required to take full advantage of the E-Mount.
The servo control also greatly increases VENICE’s flexibility when being controlled remotely on drones, cranes, or in underwater housing.
Although the optional Rialto 2 allows you to separate the sensor block from the camera body by up to 39′ for placing the sensor and your lens in places too small for the camera body, the camera’s smaller size, compared to the original VENICE, makes it easier to rig in drones, where the Rialto 2 would not be appropriate to use.
- Zoom to Fit Monitoring crops the viewing outputs (VF/SDI/HDMI) to the desired aspect ratio while recording the full frame of the sensor for VFX and potential post-production reframing
- Apply LUTs to your 4K or HD (6G/1.5G-SDI) output
- LUT/ART/CDL file import via Ethernet/Wi-Fi
- ASC-CDL values control via Ethernet/Wi-Fi allows you to have LUT and CDL values applied by the camera using either an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi via a connected computer using a GUI; CDL values are now embedded in clip metadata
- VENICE 2 supports control from an RM/RCP panel that can be used with broadcast camcorders and system cameras. When connected, ITU-R Rec. 2020 color space and HLG are selectable, and adjustment of various paint parameters is supported
- The camera features a built-in assistant-side info screen, along with a smaller basic info display screen on the operator side of the camera
- Imager modes: 5.8K 17:9 and 5.4K 16:9 (no license required) / 5.8K 6:5 (needs Anamorphic License) / 7.6K 16:9, 8.2K 17:9, and 8.6K 3:2 (need Full-Frame License)
- Support for the X-OCN XT recording format
- De-squeeze ratios: 1.25x, 1.3x, 1.5x, and 1.8x
- Cache rec function
- AXS Relay rec function
- Simultaneous format
- Support for 6G/12G output SDI
- Improved imaging assist function
- Support for CBK-WA02 Wireless LAN Adapter
- Improved VF menu operations and Frame Line setting
- Support for CDL files
- 5.7K at 16:9 up to 72 fps
- 4K at 6:5 up to 72 fps
- 3.8K at 16:9 up to 110 fps
- 3D LUT viewable in the viewfinder
- ART (Advanced Rendering Transform) file imports
- Updated switching for SDI 1-4 3G-SDI level A/B
- Addition of second user frame line of 9:16 and 1:1 preset
- Record beep and alarm volume adjust
- Ability to maintain CamID+Reel# when loading ALL file
- Displaying of Genlock and TC lock status on OSD
- Setting of de-squeeze on/off via the USER button
- Updated RCP Call function
- Record gyro information in metadata
- Support for ZEISS eXtended Data from FUJINON Premista-series lenses