Sennheiser MZD 8000 Overview
The MZD 8000 Digital Microphone Module by Sennheiser converts the audio signal of the MKH 8000 series microphones from analog to digital. The matching module simply screws onto the head of the MKH 8020, MKH 8040 or MKH 8050 converting the analog XLR output to digital AES 42.
In addition to high quality 24-bit, 192 kHz conversion, it also contains an integrated DSP unit. Using PC controlled software and an AES 42 interface, the microphone allows settings such as the low-cut filter and attenuation to be controlled remotely.
- Two channel 24 Bit-AD-converter with a 115 dB dynamic range
- Studio grade preamp and converter with sampling rates from 44.1 to 192 kHz
- Remote controlled DSP functions such as low cut filter and attenuation
- Digital output in AES 42 format plus external sync via AES 42, Mode 2
- Black, matte finish to match the MKH 8000 series microphones