Sennheiser MKH 40 Overview
The MKH 40 P 48 Microphone from Sennheiser is a pressure gradient condenser microphone designed for remote recording, sound reinforcement, instrument capturing, group and choir capturing and speech. The MKH 40’s capsule features symmetrical transducer technology that ensures extremely low distortion, and its wide-angle cardioid polar pattern provides balanced sound reproduction. Reverse attenuation ensures maximum rejection of off-axis sound, providing exceptional control of the captured ambiance. The MKH 40 P48 features a low frequency roll-off switch, to minimize rumble and noise. Switchable pre-attenuation provides an additional 10 dB of headroom, preventing distortion and overload caused by transient signals at close proximity.
- A pressure gradient condenser mic for remote recording, sound reinforcement, instrument capture, or group and choir recording
- Wide-angle cardioid polar pattern to provide balanced reproduction
- Symmetrical transducer technology ensures extremely low distortion
- Low frequency roll-off switch to minimize rumble and noise
- Switchable pre-attenuation provides an additional 10 dB of headroom to prevent distortion from close-proximity transient signals
- Uses +48V Phantom Power