Sennheiser MKE 440 Overview
The MKE 440 from Sennheiser is a compact stereo shotgun microphone that predominately captures focused stereo sound from within the direction of filming and rejects the majority of off-axis noise from outside the camera focus. The microphone utilizes two mini-shotgun elements that are mounted in a V-shape arrangement, which outperforms mini AB, MS, or XY setups.
The microphone offers a stereo, super-cardioid pickup pattern and features a frequency response of 50 Hz to 20 kHz, as well as a maximum sound pressure level of 132 dB. The mic includes a 3-level sensitivity switch and a high-pass filter to remove rumble. The MKE 400 is powered by two AAA batteries and offers an operating time of 100 hours. The microphones are internally shock-mounted to prevent handling noise, and the stainless steel micro-mesh offers protection against wind. Additionally, an optional hair cover is available for strong wind applications.
- Dual mini shotgun microphones create frontal focus
- Suppression of ambience and background noise
- Built-in elastic suspension and wind protection
- 3-level sensitivity adjustment and low-cut filter
- Compact, all-metal construction
- Standard size camera shoe mount