Sennheiser MK 8 Overview
Designed to bring multiple polar pattern flexibility to home and project studios, the MK 8 Multiple-Pattern Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone from Sennheiser features dual 24K gold-plated 1″ diaphragms, allowing for a selection between omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, and figure-8 polar patterns. A 3-position pad switch lets you select between 0, 10, and 20 dB of attenuation, allowing the MK 8 to be used on a variety of sources. The controls on the mic are rounded out by a selectable low-cut filter at 60 and 100 Hz.
To reduce handling noise and internal vibration, the MK 8’s capsule is internally shockmounted within its metal housing. A microphone clamp and storage pouch are included.
- Dual-diaphragm true condenser microphone
- Five switchable polar patterns
- 3-position switchable low-cut/roll-off filter
- 3-position pad switch
- Two 24-carat gold-plated 1″ diaphragms
- Shockmounted capsule
- Rugged metal housing
- Safely sheltered electronics
- Designed and made in Germany