The 8900 Series are Ross Video’s Premium level, highly versatile single and dual channel video distribution amplifiers. These amplifiers have been designed to aid customers in the build out
of signal chains that are supporting the emerging 4K workflow.
The DA’s are capable of supporting SDI data rates from 270Mb/s up to 12Gb/s. In addition, they can also support DVB-ASI, as well as MADI signals, making it easy to use in a variety of applications. The 8900 series use the latest technology and connectors to achieve the industry’s best EQ performance offering cable lengths up to 200m at HD while still meeting critical return loss specifications up to 12G. Equalization and reclocking is performed on all common serial digital signals.
The multiple different back panel choices mean they can be used in applications from 1×4 up to 1×16, with combinations in between. Up to 20 DA’s can be housed in a single 2RU frame. The Dual input variant can be configured to be two independent DA’s, or can be configured in Auto Failover Mode so that the card can be given
a primary and a backup input in can of a failure. Flexible output configuration makes it so that the user has the ability to change the number of outputs that are assigned to a specific input.
Each channel is fully independent, and can run at different data rates. Via Dashboard control and monitoring software, as well as LED indicators at the front of the module identity the presence of incoming video, and the data rate for each independent channel.
• Up to 2 independent channels of SDI distribution on one card
• Equalizes all SDI signals from 270Mb/s to
• Non-inverting outputs, perfect for DVB-ASI
• Passive rear module
• Auto or Manual Failover to Secondary input
• Native MADI support
• Output routing Support
• Input EQ: Format EQ Performance
• Automatic detection of incoming data rate
• Configurable as reclocking or equalizing-only
• HD-BNC rear module I/O options
• Up to 20 channels of 1×8 distribution in a single
• LED indicators for signal presence and data
rate for each channel
• Excellent input / output return loss specifications up to 12G
• 5-year transferable warranty