Canon KT17ex4.3B IRSE S Overview
The Canon KT17EX43BIRSE HD ENG Lens with 2x Extender (17x) is a portable HD zoom lens designed for high definition cameras with 1/3” sensors. Specifically intended for HD ENG (Electronic News Gathering) and HD production requirements, the lens features a 17x zoom ratio with a focal length range of 4.3-73mm. A built-in 2x extender increases the focal length range of the lens to 8.6-146mm.
The large-diameter aspheric lens effectively controls chromatic aberration and geometric distortion resulting in images that are sharp at the center and extremities as well. Designed using Canon’s advanced computer-aided techniques, the lens uses fluorite and Hi-UD (high-index ultra low-dispersion) glasses to optimize the picture quality. The compact and lightweight housing measures 3.26 lb (1.47 kg) and proves rugged and durable.
With an ergonomic design, the digital drive unit offers flexible operation, and reduces physical strain and operator fatigue. The 3D CAD-CAM design also makes access and control of zoom, iris, and focus easy.
Featuring the shuttle shot mechanism, the lens can memorize any 2 focal lengths and automatically shuttle between the 2 points, both ways. The Frame Preset feature allows you to preset an angle of view, and you can zoom in/out to the set frame with a simple push of a button. The servo zoom control has dynamic speed that ranges from 0.5 sec to over a super-slow 5 minute for the entire zoom range. You can preset a specific zoom speed for repetitive use. The lens also features manual focus control.
With a maximum aperture of f/1.4 at 4.3-73mm, the HD ENG lens enables you to shoot in low-light conditions. The lens has a minimum focus distance of 23.6” (0.6m), and can focus from as close as 0.4” (10mm) in Macro mode. The versatile KT17EX4.3B IRSE lens can be used for 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio images.
- Portable HD zoom lens for high definition camcorders with 1/3″ sensors
- Designed for HD ENG and production applications
- 17x zoom ratio (4.3-73mm)
- Built-in 2x extender increases the focal length range to 8.6-146 mm
- Compact and lightweight housing – 3.26 lb (1.47 kg)
- Made of fluorite and Hi-UD glasses to optimize the picture quality at center and extremities
- Aspheric lens elements eliminate unwanted reflections and geometric distortion
- Ergonomic design makes the unit flexible in operation, reduces physical strain, and eliminates operator fatigue
- 3D CAD-CAM design makes access and control of zoom, iris, and focus easy
- 16-bit high-resolution rotary encoders for high-precision lens control
- Shuttle Shot – the lens can memorize any 2 focal lengths and automatically shuttle between the 2 points, both ways
- Frame Preset – preset an angle of view, and you can zoom in/out to the set frame with a simple push of a button
- Servo zoom
- Iris servo control
- Dynamic zoom speed – ranges from 0.5 sec to over a super-slow 5 minute for the entire zoom range
- Maximum aperture – f/1.4 at 4.3-73mm
- Minimum focus distance – 23.6″ (0.6m) / 0.4″ (10mm) in Macro mode
- Can be used for 4:3 / 16:9 aspect ratios