Canon DP-V2410 Overview
Canon’s DP-V2410 24″ 4K Reference Display is built to be an on-set reference display for 4K cinema and UHD production. It supports both DCI and UHD video at 10 bits, features an IPS screen for good off–axis viewing, and has a metal chassis to help it withstand the rigors of daily production life. The 10-bit panel is DCI contrast and color compliant, which allows the monitor to accurately display images with a wider palette than an 8-bit panel, providing you with a more accurate representation of your actual footage. If you are shooting with Canon Log or Log 2, the monitor’s HDR setting helps display the full shadow to highlight range of your image.
The monitor incorporates a variety of image enhancement functions such as Boost Contrast, Backlight Scanning, and Shape Trace, which allow you to adjust how the monitor displays your images. Built-in Peaking, Zoom, 4K Waveform, Vectorscope, and False Color provide focus and exposure tools, while the marker and frame hold functions provide composition aids. When working with raw footage from a Canon C300 Mark II or C500, the monitor is able to perform the de-bayering function internally precluding the need of a de-bayering unit to display the raw footage. LUT support allows you to see an approximation of how your graded footage will look, which can help you zero in on your lighting. The monitor’s audio level meter display can help visibly confirm your audio, and the timecode display allows you to accurately track your shots.
OSD and Front Panel Buttons
The OSD (on-screen display) menu and control layout of the DP-V2410 is designed to deliver at-a-glance communication of visual information. It is the same proven OSD as that used for the Canon DP-V3010 4K Reference Display. Users can also change OSD positions according to the resolution of images displayed.
The front panel buttons and jog dial are laid out in the same positions as they are on the CL-01 display controller of the DP-V3010 4K Reference Display. The labels and buttons are illuminated to enable operation in dark areas, and frequently used functions can be assigned to the function buttons.
4K UHD and Cinema Standards
DCI Compliant Contrast Ratio
Image Enhancement Functions
- Boost Contrast: This function allows the display’s contrast range to increase from 0-1500 when off, and then from 1500-4000 when turned on.
- Backlight Scanning: The DP-V2410 4K Reference’s Backlight Scanning uses a full array RGB backlight, allowing individual backlight areas to be partially turned off includes three adjustment choices (high, low, and off). This feature helps reduce the image-hold period inherent to LED technology while images are being displayed, and results in crisp video playback, reducing the perception of blurring between video frames. It also enhances static image contrast ratio.
- Shape Trace: The majority of cinema and commercial production work still use HD and 2K video. The DP-V2410 display is equipped with three types of screen scaling functions, including the Canon Shape Tracing technology – an original technology that helps to minimize artifacts on scaled images. Using the Canon Shape Tracing technology, the DP-V2410 display detects the angles of hard edges and selects an appropriate interpolation to help provide smooth diagonal lines and optimal image rendering, further extending the display’s application during location/studio shoots and within color-grading, DI, CGI, VFX and other post-production workflows.
Internal 4K De-Bayering and Raw Pass Through
4K ACES Support
Shooting Assistance Tools
- Peaking: Peaking is a real-time, focus assist tool that superimposes pulsing lines over the area if your image that is most contrasy, and therefore most in focus. This makes it easier to confirm that subjects are in-focus or not in-focus.
- 4K Waveform Monitor and Vectorscope: These are superimposed on the screen display. The signal level is displayed using the waveform monitor function (six types: Y, Cr, Cb, R, G, and B). The two color-difference signals (Cb and Cr) are each displayed with “X axis/Y axis” when the vector scope function is engaged.
- Zooming Function: Any area of the screen can be selected and enlarged. Magnifying a portion of the picture can make the focusing process easier to accomplish.
- False Color: Provides under/over luminance warning by presenting the image as a series of color values representing exposure. For example, over exposure (above 100% luminance level) is indicated in red and loss of dark detail (under 0% luminance level) is indicated in blue.
- Frame Hold: This function freezes the image to be checked and displays it on the screen. It can also be used to capture the image shown on the screen as a photo.
- Area Markers: Adjustable in size and position, these rectangles can be set using this function. They are used for checking the areas where the subtitles and duration of TV broadcasts are to be indicated. Also incorporated are functions for displaying safety zone markers, center markers, and grid markers.
- Image Capture: This function saves the currently displayed image as an image file in a USB memory, such as “thumb drive.” Users can choose whether to capture only the video image or also include the marker, waveform monitor, and other image auxiliary functions and OSD menus as well.
- Background Color: When images are to be displayed, users can select white, gray, or black as the color of the black bands in the image non-display areas, which are displayed due to the differences in the view angle. This function is used to check the image quality at the boundaries of the image display and non-display areas.
- Fan Shutdown: The DP-V2410 4K features a mode in which the display’s internal fan is shut down for a prescribed period of time during camera shooting. This mode can be linked with professional-use cameras such as the Canon Cinema EOS cameras.
Audio Level Meter Display
1D/3D LUT Support
Consistent Color Image Quality
The DP-V2410 4K Reference Display utilizes built-in auto-correct functions that consistently monitor color, brightness, and other parameters that keep the display at a high level of uniformity at all times. These functions include the following:
- Precise Color Adjustment Prior to Shipment : In order to achieve high color uniformity, each DP-V2410 4K Reference Display undergoes a high-precision calibration process before shipping from the factory. External calibration allows users to maintain factory settings as well as make adjustments for specific display applications.
- Automatic Color and Brightness Correction System: A special control system within the DP-V2410 4K Reference Display constantly measures ambient lighting conditions, as well as internal display changes – including color temperature and brightness – to help reduce fluctuations in light levels and color, thereby helping to ensure long-term image stability and consistency.
- Calibration Without a PC: The DP-V2410 4K Reference Display can be calibrated easily and conveniently without the need for an external PC workstation. Using third-party external sensors, users can calibrate the display in accordance with viewing environment and application.
- Four 3G/HD-SDI BNC connectors, and one HDMI
- Four 3G/HD-SDI BNC connectors, One stereo audio mini-jack, and one USB-A port.Ethernet
- One RJ-45 (IEEE 802.3 10BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX compliant).