BirdDog P120 Overview
Combining BirdDog’s custom NDI silicon chip, 20x optical zoom, 16x digital zoom, and a Sony backlit sensor, the black BirdDog P120 is a full NDI 1080p60 PTZ camera designed for large indoor spaces. With fast autofocus and zoom, the P120 is suitable for catching all the fast action in places, such as sporting events, but also works well as a meeting room camera. The P120 features the visually lossless full NDI variable bit rate up to 1080p60. Simultaneous live SDI, HDMI, and full NDI outputs complete the camera as a comprehensive solution, and it also features a USB/UVC output to a computer that can utilize third-party streaming software.
CMOS Sensor and Multi-Format Capture
- With a Sony Exmor R back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, the P120 deliver beautiful images with significantly enhanced imaging characteristics, including enhanced low noise sensitivity.
- Along with Full NDI, the P120 supports numerous formats including NDI|HX2, NDI|HX3, SRT, and H.264 for low-bandwidth requirements.
User Interface and Performance
- The P120 feature the world’s most comprehensive interface for PTZ cameras. System statistics including the number of active connections, current bandwidth usage, and network traffic are presented in an intuitive way to give you the information you need at a quick glance.
- Reliable User Datagram Protocol (RUDP) reduces overall network load as not every packet needs to be acknowledged by every receiver. RUDP has error correction built in for smoothness and maximum reliability, so you can be confident your packets are getting to where they need to go.
- Full NDI 5 support is built right in to P120 for maximum compatibility across all NDI ecosystems.
- All P120 cameras can generate scopes in camera to send out as NDI, NDI Proxy, or both. This allows for monitoring scopes on the NDI Proxy while sending a clean main NDI feed simultaneously. Choose from Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope, or RGB Parade and the position on the NDI stream.
- With NDI Genlock, you can select any NDI source to be the timing master for your fleet of P120 (or optional P110) cameras, allowing them to operate off the same time-base, providing more predictable timing in multi-camera environments such as recording concerts, conferences, and live productions.
- The integrated tally light gives a full 360° view, so your talent will always know which camera to be talking to.
- Removable silicon numbers at the back of the P120 give additional tally vision and allow switcher operators to easily identify cameras.
The super handy OLED allows for information display such as IP address, device name, stream name, resolution, and frame rate.
BirdDog Cloud Subscription
By adding an optional BirdDog Cloud subscription, you can access the PTZ cameras and all features from anywhere in the world. No computers are needed on the camera side.
FreeD is a protocol for sending PTZ positioning data to AR/VR systems, including Unreal Engine, Brainstorm, Vizrt’s Viz Virtual Studio, and many more. The P120 now supports FreeD and it’s all built right into the BirdUI.
Software Control Options
- Comms Lite is your free Audio Intercom solution. With support for four BirdDog devices, plus a director, Comms Lite is a great way to start using Audio Intercom in your live productions.
- Central Lite with any NDI source, including all BirdDog hardware capable of creating NDI sources, you can drive your NDI streams to any BirdDog Studio NDI or Mini to decode NDI back to SDI or HDMI.
- Cam Control allows easy access to all settings of all the BirdDog cameras on your network. Get the look you want on the full-screen output monitor and then copy across multiple cameras to color match in seconds.