AJA Io 4K Plus Overview
The AJA Io 4K Plus Professional Video I/O for Thunderbolt 3 is a portable capture and output device that offers professional video and audio connectivity with support for DCI 4K and UltraHD workflows. It handles a wide range of formats from 4K to SD over both SDI and HDMI. Built around Thunderbolt 3 technology, the Io 4K Plus allows even greater bandwidth between host computer systems and Thunderbolt devices. The dual Thunderbolt 3 ports allow you to daisy chain up to 6 peripherals such as high-resolution displays and high-capacity storage. A built-in downstream keyer takes advantage of 4K resolution to provide clean composites.
Featuring four 3G-SDI inputs and outputs, as well an HDMI 2.0 input and output, the Io 4K Plus is capable of capturing and outputting 4K signals over quad link SDI or HDMI. It is also capable of handling UltraHD, 2K, HD, and SD resolutions, and supports HDR. When working with 4K content, the Io 4K Plus outputs an HD-SDI down-converted signal on a dedicated BNC connector. This HD signal can be used to output to HD recorders or monitors. Embedded 16-channel SDI and 8-channel HDMI audio are supported, as well as analog audio inputs/outputs via a standard DB-25 connection. Stereo monitoring is possible via a front-panel headphone jack. A 4-pin XLR power input is available for powering the Io 4K Plus with batteries or the included AC adapter.
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Four bidirectional SDI inputs/outputs
- SDI I/O supports either one 12G-SDI stream, or up to four 3G-SDI streams with up to 16-channels of embedded audio
- One 3G-SDI monitor output with 8 channels of embedded audio, supports 2K/HD down conversion
- One HDMI 2.0 input with 8 channels of embedded audio
- One HDMI 2.0 output with 8 channels of embedded audio, supports 4K, HDR or HD
- 10-bit 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 workflow support
- Supports HDR
- Built-in downstream keyer
- Backwards compatible with existing Thunderbolt hosts
- Simultaneous SDI and HDMI outputs
- Multi-channel audio I/O via DB-25 connector
- RS-422 VTR control
- Reference and LTC input/output
- Stereo audio monitoring with gain control
- XLR 12V power for battery or AC power supply
- Integrates with software such as Apple Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Creative Cloud, AJA Control Room, Telestream Wirecast 5, and more
There are no reviews yet.