AJA OG-3GDA-2X4 Overview
The 2×4 3G-SDI Reclocking Distribution Amplifier Card from AJA is a distribution amplifier in the form of a rackmount card that’s compatible with 2 RU openGear frames. It can share the frame with converters made by different manufacturers and is hot-swappable, so it can be pulled out of the rack at any moment without the prerequisite of the rack first being powered off.
The 2×4 card features two SDI inputs and automatically distributes up to 3 Gb/s format-agnostic video to up to eight SDI outputs, and even supports HDR video. Its distribution amplifier function allows it to run in 1×8 or 2×4 mode digital input and output. The converter also features reclocking distribution, reclocking the incoming signal so a 3 Gb/s SDI output can be transmitted up to 394′ over 75-Ohm coax cables, which are not included.
In addition to video formats, the OG-3GDA-2X4 card passes embedded audio and all ancillary data such as timecode and closed captioning. When installed, the card can be configured and controlled with DashBoard software for macOS, Windows, or Linux.
- OpenGear-compatible 2 RU rackmount SDI distribution amplifier card
- Supports two 3G-SDI inputs and automatically distributes format-agnostic video and embedded audio to up to eight 3G-SDI outputs
- Multiple input modes: One 3G-SDI in 1×8 mode, two 3G-SDI in 2×4 mode
Multiple output modes: Four 3G-SDI non-inverting in 1×8 mode, two 3G-SDI non-inverting in 2×4 mode
- High dynamic range (HDR) video support
- Fits 2 RU openGear frames and is hot-swappable
- Can work in the same rack as openGear converters made by different manufacturers
- Reclocks distribution to output 3 Gb/s SDI video up to 394′
- Accepts ASI format and supports ancillary data such as timecode and closed captioning
- Configure and control with DashBoard software for macOS, Windows, and Linux